Perhaps it is the season, perhaps I am supposed to be learning something, I don't know, but lately I feel very humble and blessed.
The last month or so we have had several close friends have health issues. One of my Young Women (from years ago) is struggling with the fact that her husband has colon cancer. They don't have any kids yet, and they are both young. One of my kid's favorite teacher's wife has Stage 3 lung cancer. My best friend's hubby had to go in for surgery to remove a lump (luckily benign), and ended up with complications. A fellow soccer mom is undergoing chemo right now. My beautiful friend in Vietnam just found a large lump in her breast. "Grandma Joan", a close family friend, is fading. My dad's best friend recently passed away unexpectedly.
I feel for these wonderful people and their families, and rejoice in the lives they touch each day. How grateful I am to have been touched in some way by them. And how grateful I am for mine and my family's health. I hope that by living my life to the fullest and appreciating what I have will honor my friends and their families.
My hopes, prayers and thoughts are with each of you...
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We are indeed grateful for our health. We've known far to many with health problems too.
Thanks for your comments on my blog..it's always fun to see something new when you check! It's so cliche, but your kids are so big. I can't believe you have a 13 year old! I've read back a ways on your blog and laughed several times but most especially when I read about your Mom breaking things. My Mom is known to have, shall we say, the same "talent"?! Some Sunday you should ask her about the carpet cleaner, water-logged microwave, and refrigerator shelf...see what she says! Assuming you're still in TG 1st?
Post a Comment